Tuesday 24 February 2009

Body Augmentation

Our second lecture - body augmentation.

The lecture starts by focusing on Rebecca Horn. One particular video of her early work, where she has extended arms that can touch either side of the room, was the main subject for our lecture. Her work is very multisensory, focusing on sound, movement and smell. Her work is very personal to her. Again, I didn't see a very strong link ofthe human body and textiles in this lecture. But it was interesting all the same.

If I were to augment my own body, I would like to be a giant. Just to know how it feels, to look down on people for a change. Being 5'1 this is something I'll never experience!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with being a giant!
    Have you made any drawings or designs for this idea?
    Have a look at this page:

    http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/bocking-velocity-stilts-bionic-man/uncategorized

    ReplyDelete